SICK provides innovative sensor solutions for flow measurement technology which combine flexible measuring methods and rugged equipment design with cost-efficient connection concepts to integrate higher-level systems. Whether you need to detect the current flow rate value using analog values or find the quantity using pulse detection – SICKs flow sensors are always reliable and safe and can work with a wide range of media under difficult process and ambient conditions.
SICK flow sensors Bulkscan
Non-contact and maintenance-free measurement of volume flow
The Bulkscan® uses non-contact time-of-flight technology to measure the volume flow of bulk materials on conveyor belts. Irrespective of
the properties of the bulk material and the weather conditions, the Bulkscan® generates a reliable volume flow signal based on the laser’s
time of flight and the belt speed thanks to multi-echo technology. Besides recording the total quantity and calculating the mass flow,
the Bulkscan® comes with an integrated function for determining the center-of-gravity of the bulk material, thereby enabling it to detect uneven
loading and thus avoid excessive belt wear. The rugged industrial housing is ideal for extreme operating conditions. An integrated heater ensures
safe operation over a wide range of ambient temperatures. Discrete signals as well as Ethernet TCP/IP can be used to connect the measuring system
to a host communication system.
- Efficient and cost-effective non-contact measurement of volume and mass flow of bulk materials
- Laser pulses with high angular resolution ensure outstanding image resolution
- Multi-echo pulse evaluation produces highly reliable measurements
- Integrated function for determining the center-of-gravity of the bulk material
- Rugged design for harsh ambient conditions
- Integrated heater allows measurement even at low temperatures
- Compact IP67 rated housing
SICK Flow sensors FTMg
Flow sensor with leakage detection
The FTMg thermal flowmeter measures gas flow and temperature as well as the process pressure, making it a cost-saving multi-talent. With high measurement dynamics and low pressure loss, it measures non-corrosive gases with extreme efficiency. The contrast-rich color display enables easy operation of the FTMg and allows for representation of several measured values as a process diagram. Internal data logging over seven days and integrated static evaluation helps detect even the smallest leaks in a pneumatic systems. PoE also enables simple web-based connection to a PC or a cloud to make energy consumption more transparent. All measurement data can be transmitted via IO-Link or with switching and analog signals.
- Measures compressed air and non-corrosive gases such as argon, helium, carbon dioxide and nitrogen
- Calorimetric measurement principle with a measurement accuracy of ± 3% M.V. and ± 0.3% M.E.V.
- Measurement of gas flow and temperature as well as process pressure and energy consumption with only one sensor
- Low pressure loss
- High measurement dynamics for cylinder and leakage monitoring
SICK Flow sensors T-Easic® FTS
Clever dry-run protection in pumps
The T-Easic® FTS thermal flow switch measures flow and temperature in accordance with the calorimetric principle. With two digital outputs, it monitors the measured values and sends these to a superior control as soon as a set limit value is exceeded or undercut. The parameter settings can be done via IO-Link. As an industrial design, it also offers an OLED display and operating buttons. Values preset at the factory for media such as oil and water simplify and accelerate commissioning; nearly all liquids can be calibrated quickly and easily. The extremely rugged VISTAL® housing of the industrial design protects the sensor during cleaning processes, the hygienic design also available also withstands CIP/SIP conditions.
- Flow monitoring and temperature measurement in one sensor
- Optimized for water and oil; teach-in option of other liquids
- IP 67/IP 69 enclosure rating and IO-Link 1.1
- Industrial design in VISTAL® housing with 180°-rotatable OLED display
- Stainless steel hygienic variant, completely CIP-/SIP-capable, process temperatures up to 150 °C