Lenord + Bauer Sensors
For heavy-duty applications
Lenord + Bauer Sensors provides robust speed, vibration and temperature sensors deliver reliable information about the condition of your system, enabling you to detect malfunctions at an early stage and avoid unplanned downtimes. Alternatively, you can use a CombiCODER to acquire rotational speed, temperature and acceleration in a single pick-up encoder if the installation space is tight.
Lenord + Bauer is an internationally active specialist for motion sensors. Lenord + Bauer is the right partner for you when it comes to integrating sensors and actuators efficiently.
Put your trust in wear-free, long-lasting sensors, which adapt to your particular application. Lenord + Bauer have the appropriate certified solutions!
- Our speed sensors detect rotational and linear motion of a measuring scale that is structurally separated from the sensor like target wheels or measuring rods. Thanks to the magnetic sensing principle they are particularly suited for continuous operation in durable capital goods. Additonally they are also protected against extreme weather conditions, humidity, shock, and vibration due to an encapsulation process and specially developed production methods. Thus they are in compliance with DIN EN 50155 and meet the requirements of protection class up to IP 68.
You need a customised product version? By adapting the housing, or different cable and plug fabrication, we can implement almost any installation position. Depending on requirement, the sensors generate single or multi-channel square-wave signals - alternatively as voltage or current signal - ranging from 0 to 25 kHz. A standstill signal can also be implemented. On customer request we also produce, for instance, ATEX-protected product variants, special output signals for functional testing, and sensors with integrated pulse division or pulse multiplication.
- Conventional thermometers measure the temperature by means of length or volume change of a material, and are only suitable as display instrument. Our temperature sensors use resistance thermometers that feature an almost temperature-linear resistance curve, and output the resulting measurement data as electrical signal.
They are suitable for a measurement range from -40 °C to +250 °C. A thin stainless steel tube protects the electronics from dirt, humidity and corrosion, allowing the sensors to meet the requirements of protection class IP 68. The sensors are in compliance with fire protection standards EN 45545 and are type-tested according to EN 50155.
- Our acceleration sensors are mainly used to measure the tower oscillation of wind turbines. Even though conventional, mechanical oscillation sensors provide reliable measurement in the high frequency range, they experience problems with low frequencies as produced in wind turbines. For this reason, our tower oscillation monitors work with micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS), which acquire oscillations in a frequency range of 0 to 10 Hz. They are extremely robust, dew-point resistant, and in accordance with IP 67. The sensors are not subject to ageing, and provide wear-free and maintenance-free operation.
Lenord + Bauer MiniCODER
Small, flexible, robust and without integral bearing
Lenord + Bauer Encoders
Wear and maintenance-free
Encoders convert rotational movement into electrical signals. Our encoders combine the benefits of a magnetic measuring system with a robust mechanical design. They have proven themselves in a wide variety of applications across the world, even in the harshest of industrial environments. It goes without saying that these encoders offer high reliability and a long service life.
Our encoders have been proven worldwide in demanding applications like harsh industrial environment. They provide exact measurement data even under changes in ambient temperature, fluctuations in humidity, strong vibrations, and condensation. This, however, requires some additional product characteristics such as protective coatings, encapsulation, or condensed water outlet.
- Our magnetic incremental encoders scan a target wheel that is installed in the housing. In this way they generate two signals with a 90 degree phase displacement; direction of rotation, angle movement, distance, and speed can be derived from the signals. After connection to the power supply, incremental rotary encoders basically measure only the difference between reference and starting position. If the rotary encoder is equipped with a separate signal output for a zero index, it is also possible to determine the position via a reference search routine. The magnetic sensors work completely wear- and maintenance-free and deliver analogue HTL, TTL or speed signals. The measurement resolution is up to 266,240 increments per turn.
- If absolute position values are needed, we recommend our magnetic absolute rotary encoders. We manufacture redundant rotary encoders with integrated resolver. These are, for example, the series GEL 2037. The objective of redundant measuring systems is to increase a system's functional reliability and safeguarding against failures.